UPSSO ADMINISTRATION – GENERATING IDP CERTIFICATE
This administration guide explains how to generate a self-signed certificate in the UPSSO IDP (Identity Provider) for SAML integration with SP’s (Service Providers). The generated IDP certificate needs to be imported in SPs such as Salesforce, GSuite. Also, this certificate will part of the SAML Response XML messages sent from UPSSO IDP to SP.
STEPS TO GENERATE CERTIFICATE
- Login into the UPSSO portal as an administrator.
- Click on the “IDP Resources” => “Generate/Update Certificate” from the left side navigation menu.
- Enter the certificate details as explained below,
Country Code: Two-letter country code (Example: IN for India)
State/Province Name: State name (Example: Karnataka)
Locality: City name (Example: Bangalore)
Organization Name: Name of the company (Example: Unique Performance TechSoft Private Limited)
Organizational Unit Name: Enter as “UPSSO”
Common Name: Enter the IP address or hostname of your UPSSO server (Example: 126.96.36.199)
Email Address: Email address of UPSSO administrator (Example: email@example.com)
Please refer to the following screenshot,
4. Click on the “UPDATE” button.
DOWNLOADING THE CERTIFICATE FILE
- Click on the “IDP Resources” => “IDP Resources” from the left side navigation menu.
- Click on the “DOWNLOAD IDP CERTIFICATE” button.
- “server.crt” file will get downloaded. This certificate file can be uploaded to SP’s such as Salesforce to register for SAML integration.