UPSSO ADMINISTRATION – SMS API INTEGRATION
This document explains how to integrate an SMS API in UPSSO to send the SMS OTP(One Time Password) messages. UPSSO is flexible enough to integrate with most of the popular SMS providers.
Most of the SMS providers allow sending SMS by calling an URL with HTTPS GET request. For example, here’s a sample URL for sending the SMS using a popular provider http://www.vfirst.com/,
https://www.myvaluefirst.com/smpp/sendsms?username=demouser&password=demopassword&to=9916421806&udh=0&from=UPSOTP&text=Dear Rajesh, Your OTP is 123456 - By UPSSO Admin
As we can observe from the above URL, it has couple of parameters such as username, password, from, text, etc.
Here are the steps to configure the above sample URL in UPSSO,
- Login into the UPSSO portal as an administrator.
- Click on the “SMS Integration” from the left side navigation menu.
- Enter “Base URL” as “https://www.myvaluefirst.com/smpp/sendsms” (The portion before the question mark in our sample URL)
- Enter “Message Field Name” as the parameter name which has the SMS message. As per our sample URL, the “text” parameter has the message. The value of this parameter will be dynamically generated at the time of sending the SMS.
- Enter “Number Field Name” as the parameter name which has the mobile number to which SMS will be sent. As per our sample URL, the “to” parameter has the mobile number. The value of this parameter will be dynamically assigned at the time of sending the SMS.
6. Apart from the “text” and “to” parameters configured above, we have 4 more parameters for which the values will not change. Add these Attributes and their Values using the “ADD CUSTOM ATTRIBUTE” button.
7. Enter “SMS Template” with the text message that is approved by the SMS provider. Insert <USERNAME> & <OTP_NUMBER> into the text where these will be replaced with the actual username & OTP.
8. If the direct internet connection is not available then we need to specify the Proxy details. Please select the “Use Proxy” checkbox for using the proxy server. Leave it blank if the proxy is not required.
9. If the “Use Proxy” checkbox is selected above then specify proxy details as shown below,
10. Click on the “SAVE” button.
11. Click on the “TEST SMS” button to check whether the system is sending the SMS. The test SMS will be sent to the mobile number of the logged-in administrator.