UPSSO ADMINISTRATION – AUDIT TRAILS
This document explains the audit trail functionality provided by the UPSSO application. The audit trail data can be used by an administrator to analyze the configuration/data changes that happened in the application to identify the root cause of many issues.
An audit trail should help us to answer these basic questions when doing an investigation,
- What configuration/data changed?
- When did it change?
- Who changed it?
HOW TO DISPLAY UPSSO AUDIT TRAIL
- Login into the UPSSO application as an administrator.
- Click on the “Audit Trail” link from the left side navigation menu.
- Select the data source from the drop-down. As an example, SMTP is selected in the below screenshot.
- Select the from and to date to narrow the search.
- Click on the search button.
6. For example, by looking at the below audit trail entry we can see the SMTP port number is changed from 25 to 2525 by the user “ad.rajesh” at “07-09-2020 00:41:00”
UPSSO AUDIT TRAIL DATA SOURCES
UPSSO application provides the audit trails for the following data/configuration.
- LDAP Security Groups
- LDAP Attribute Mappin
- Radius Clients
- Role Device Mapping
- Role Application Mapping