UPSSO 2020 ON-PREMISES INSTALLATION GUIDE
Please refer to the UPSSO 2020 ON-PREMISES APPLICATION PREREQUISITES before installation
Obtain the latest UPSSO installation package from the support representative.
This document guides you through step by step process of installing the UPSSO solution using PowerShell script. This document will guide you through the following steps.
- Installing Mysql Database
- Running PowerShell script to install UPSSO software.
- Install .Net Framework 4.7.1 (Only on RADIUS servers)
- Installation Radius Server.
INSTALL MYSQL DATABASE
NOTE: PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU ARE INSTALLING THE APPLICATION ON A NODE OF A LOAD BALANCING SETUP, THEN MYSQL DATABASE SHOULD BE CREATED IN A SEPARATE WINDOWS 2016 SERVER. IF SO, PLEASE EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS IN A SEPARATE WINDOWS 2016 SERVER
- Execute MySQL-installer-community-220.127.116.11.msi file from UPSSO Installation Package
- Select “Custom” as Setup Type.
3. Select Products/Features as per the below screenshot.
4. Click on Execute to install the selected products.
5. Click Next to go to the product configuration wizard.
6. In the product configuration wizard, select the “Standalone MySQL Server/Classic MySQL Replication” option.
7. Configure the “Type and Networking” as per the below screenshot.
8. Choose the “Authentication Method” as per the below screenshot.
9. Under “Account and Roles,” set up a password for the MySQL root account. (NOTE: THIS PASSWORD REFERRED AS MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD HEREAFTER IN THIS DOCUMENT)
10. Click Next
11. Configure “Windows Service” as per the below screenshot.
12. Click Execute to complete the configuration wizard.
Running Powershell script to install UPSSO.
- Unzip the installation package.
- Inside the installation package, right-click UPSSO_Install_Script and select run with PowerShell
- Please set the execution policy. Press ‘A’ and hit enter to trust the script.
- Installation automatically detects IPV6 and priorities IPv4 vs. IPv6. Once done, the system prompts for the reboot. Please save all your work and press any key to restart the server.
- After reboot, re-run the UPSSO_Install_Script.ps1 script. The installation prompts for the server installation type.
- Roles can install an All-In-one server or dedicated servers depending on the required architecture.
- Follow the prompts and Enter to continue. After pressing the Enter setup will prompt for the information required for the installation.
- Setup will prompt for the details as per the installation selection. Please find the below sample screenshot.
- Please find the below questions and description.
|Please enter MySQL Hostname||DB, APP||Enter the hostname of the Mysql Server|
|Please enter MySQL root password||DB||Please enter the MySQL server root password. This password set when we install the Mysql server in the pre-requisites section|
|Please Enter UPSSO_USER user password||DB, APP||Please enter the password for UPSSO_USER, which will create during the setup process. Note: When installing the Dedicated APP server, please enter the same IP address entered here|
|Please Enter Replica user password||DB||Please enter the password for Replica user, which will be created during the setup process|
|Please enter Server IP address or Load Balancer IP address||DB, APP, RADIUS||Please enter the IP address of the application server or load balancer if multiple application servers are installed. NOTE: If you plan to add a load balancer later, re-run this script to update the IP address.|
- Please verify for any errors during the installation and press enter to exit the PowerShell utility. Please refer to the below screenshot.
- After the installation, please open the browser and access https://<IP address> to check the login page.
- Please login with the default username password